Monday, September 22, 2008

Kilns, Chloe, and Caymen...oh,my!!!

So much going on around here...

I've been putting off replacing the elements in my kilns. I've never done it, and there is that thing inside that says if it isn't broke, don't fix it. But yesterday I decided that now is the time. OK - truthfully both my kilns are in major need of new elements. They have both been taking a lot longer to reach temperatures and I've had a few over fired loads (some pieces for orders are going to be made yet a third time).


So I did the research, gathered the new silky sleek elements, and all the tools required. Here is what the (very) old elements look like after a few hours of pulling with pliers.


Spending the time in the studio working on the kilns gave me time to listen to the Twilight Series on audio (OK, a little obsessed with the series now... love Vampire stories!). I've got the small kiln left to do - those elements should be here on Wednesday. When all are replaced - my glazes should look all full of new life - I can't wait!

And here is Chloe in the Kitchen...

She is showing me how to stay in the kitchen when cooking by keeping entertained in the kitchen. Hmmm... staying in the kitchen while cooking - good concept for those of us easily distracted...





We went to the Aquarium in Baltimore on Saturday and saw some cool stuff. Alligators and Crocks are so interesting but they freak me out. Here is a Cayman that was just chilling out - very cool!!!



We were supposed to go to the Maryland Ren Faire with a bunch of friends on Sunday - but Chloe decided that she wasn't having anything to do with long car rides on Saturday when we were driving home from the Aquarium - so Sunday fell through (2 hour ride w/no traffic in each direction - I don't even want to think about how she would've been). I had hoped that we were going to have a weekend full of fun times outside the house - but hey, one day of outside the house is great. She and I just chilled out on Sunday and I got to go through my silks and get them organized for the website. Here is what they looked like when they arrived - I can't wait to have them up on the site!



Once the kilns are up and running, I hope to get up on my orders and then back to the new stuff.

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! Look at that cutie patootie! I know what you mean about the elements. My new ones have been sitting in a box. I'm not ready yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsha,I want to see Chloe sitting in the silks.. now that woukld bea picture. Hugs to the little one. Joan T Off Center

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wanted to put Chloe in with the silks.... But then the thought of her drooling and reflux issues, which is luckily diminishing now that she is having more solids and is upright most of the time...
    The thought... Would anyone like to have some spitup with their silks? And also thinking about trying to clean that up made me cringe...hehehe...
    Very tempting though - I'm right there with you... Luckily the trees will be dropping their autumn leafs soon and I can get some pictures of her in piles of those...

    ~Marsha

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think…