Thursday, December 17, 2009

Impatiently Waiting...

Sometimes I feel like so many people all at once...
And if you have ever been pregnant, you probably know what I'm talking about...
You feel crazy, not yourself, overwhelmed, severely hormonal, and super clumsy just to mention a few of the emotions that can occur at the same moment...

I am SO happy that we have officially hit 36 weeks in this pregnancy!
37 weeks is even better...

I've been dealing with Braxton Hicks for over a week now,
Every other night for hours on end...
It's having all the pains and contractions of going into labor without actually producing a baby...
And I'm wiped! Seriously - all I do some days is sleep, eat, go to the bathroom, and sleep some more... It's been a week of this, although it seems now like a lot longer...

I can say now - and this will probably change, because the pregnancy isn't over yet...
I get why some women love being pregnant (I had a GREAT pregnancy with Chloe) and why some women think it's the worst time in their life, and why they would never do it again by choice...

Even during this pregnancy, for as hard as it has been - physically difficult and painful at times, I have my days where I think "I would do this again"...
Then I quickly change my mind as I experience one of those things that has made this one so difficult. I could probably count the really good days of this pregnancy on my two hands.

Well, at least I will have those. And it will most likely be those days that I remember as I look at this little expected baby... this new life that I'm hoping will bring us as much if not more happiness that we have experienced with having Chloe in our lives... We just love being around each other, and having one more person in our family unit has got to make it that much better...

So as I am impatiently waiting to be done with these false contractions that feel so real...
Waiting to be able to breathe normally again...
Waiting to be able to walk normal, bend over, lean over the sink to wash dishes or my hands without pain, load my kilns, sit for hours to glaze or work on new pieces, pick up Chloe and hold her on my lap or rock her at night without having her so far away, hug Dave without feeling so awkward (this belly ruins that perfect fit thing we have going on)...
And so many other things...

I am most impatient about meeting our little Riley!
I can't wait to see what he looks like, to hold him in my arms, cuddle with him and take care of him, and to see Dave and Chloe with him...
I've gotten to know him quite well so far from the inside, it's their turn now...

And Peeves... you don't even know the terror coming your way...
Rest up now kitty because if you thought Chloe was bad, just wait to meet our little Riley.
He's going to come out running says one of the Doctors (after measuring his heartbeat at the last appointment)...
And I'm sure, he's going to be going right for you...
Which makes me think - maybe we need to get a dog!

Hope all is well with everyone!
Here's one of the best pictures we got with Chloe and Santa this year...
Yes, she had her finger up her nose or in her mouth the entire time...
Stage fright or something (she loves Santa, but I think is getting to an age where too much attention and adult encouragement without her wanting to do something on her own just makes her shut down).
Oh, well... what can you do but laugh about it, cuddle her and wipe the boogies away (and send out her Christmas Card with this as her picture)

Happy Holidays Everyone!
Will keep you posted on Riley's arrival...

7 comments:

  1. so very happy to hear from you! have been wondering how all is going... i had braxton hicks with my second child and it is really tiring... wonderful news about hitting 36 weeks... one of the things i found so fascinating about pregnancy is how your physical self becomes such a dominating presence... your awareness of every little thing you are feeling... chloe will be fine wiht riley until he can crawl and then go after her stuff! :0) and you are right about your kitty - those tails are just toooo tempting... be well... try to get some rest... 'this too shall pass'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marsha for keeping us up to date on how you are doing. I can really identify with your situation as I have a January child too. I know you will soon forget the discomfort when you see that little guy. you might even forget so much you will have a third. Have a wonderful Holdiay and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when I was about at 37 weeks I felt like the tides shifted every time I stood up. I spent the last month and a half sleeping in the recliner because I couldn't get comfortable.

    The picture of Chloe is too cute--poor girl will be forever mortified, but it's still adorable.

    Good luck and have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes, Marsha. I remember all too well wondering just what my feet really looked like at this stage, would I ever be able to roll over normally, would the false starts ever stop. But just a little while now the little guy will be in your arms, a bright new addition to the family. Good luck and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slow down, relax and treasure every moment this holiday season. Especially with Chloe, because it will all change. But for the better! It is amazing that the more children you have the more your love multiplies, not divides. So many blessings to you! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading your post makes me long for being pregnant again and having a third baby. Seeing how much more love and happiness is added to the house. And I sigh.

    LOVE the Christmas card. We've had some similarly good ones that my side of the family loved and my DH's practically dis-owned me over. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think…