Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Five of Eight New Glaze Colors

I have Eight new translucent glazes that I am going to be adding to my glaze palette. These are right out of the kiln - actually, there are five that I have named already (some directly from the glaze name - I'm stumped for a better name!), and need to figure out names for the other three as soon as I test them a bit more...

The above glaze is a stony purple blue color: Twilight (code: TWIL)

The above glaze is a greenish blue: Stormy Sea code: STSE (from the actual glaze name).

The above glaze is a brown/yellow/black glaze: RootBeer. Code: ROOT(from actual glaze name).

The above glaze is an orangey-red color: Sedona. Code: SEDO(from the actual glaze name).

The above glaze is a lime green color, but a bit more muted than my "lime" green... And surprise - the name code I am going to use: Key Lime (Code: KEYL) comes from the actual glaze name as well...

These five that are named I put right onto some of my cutout flower pendants without even seeing what they looked like out of the kiln. I just had that good of a feeling about them. They are the Coyote Translucent Glazes that I am testing for my July Posting for Beads-of-Clay Blog...

And boy am I smitten... As soon as the kiln was cracked open and I saw these - I knew they would be GREAT on these detailed pieces... I just adore translucent glazes on highly detailed pieces. It gives them more depth. You've got to hold one to see what I mean!

I have these five pieces up in my Etsy shop and will eventually add more pieces with these colors and the other three new ones to the shop...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think…