Friday, May 6, 2011

First Friday and Treasuries...

As some of you might know, I've taken over the roll of Captain of the Delaware Etsy Street Team as of February 2011. It is great getting to know a bunch of artists that live in the same general area as you.
Downtown Wilmington on May 5, 2011. Photo by Marsha Neal Studio.
One of the things I have been doing for the DEST is coming up with team blog events for everyone to be able to participate in. We have a First Friday Delaware Style event on the first friday of every month. It is a collaboration between the AWEteam (Art Walk Team) event: FirstFridayArtWalk and the local Art Loop scene. I have pipe dreams of getting some DEST artist shows at local galleries and shops in the next year pulled together…

Beautiful Mom Treasury By Marsha Neal Studio
Another team blog event that is open to anyone that makes a treasury that includes an item from a DEST member (tags to search for items are: deteam or delawareteam) or is created by a DEST member is Treasury Tuesday. Send me a link to your treasury (I am a DEST member by the way, so if you include one of my pieces - that counts!) and I'll try to get it up on the blog. You are also welcome to add a link to the DEST member included treasury to our weekly blog post via the inlinkz gadget at the end of the post: Treasury Tuesday blog post.

Delaware Street Team Spring Garden Party by Marsha Neal Studio
And can I tell you that creating treasuries really makes you look at your own shop photographs and pushes you to take better photographs and think outside the "good enough to just get it listed" photos. Especially when you want to create a team treasury (such as the one above) where location is the only thing in common overall. I like a good challenge - as long as I have the time!

Once my Master Gardener training is complete at the end of May, I'll have a lot more time back for my studio work and refocus on the direction of Marsha Neal Studio.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!
Make sure to hop on over to the DEST Blog to check out our events and artists...

2 comments:

  1. you are so productive! you sound like a natural in the role of organizing these teams - they are lucky to have you! and i would think galleries would like to have you all...
    i - turn 46 this year... really? how did that happen? or more like, how did emily get to be 19? so i love seeing the pictures of your kids, and riley's truck in the beds... been there, done that, and there is very little in nature a child can hurt...
    your silent auction items are terrific! i really love the leaf impressions...
    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are a glutton for punishment! You've taken on a LOAD of work but I know you'll excel at it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think…