Friday, January 4, 2013

First Friday Art Walk Weekend on Etsy.com

It's First Friday Art Walk Weekend on Etsy.com!
And the AWETeam (Art Walk Etsy Team) is hosting this monthly weekend long event of artwork on Etsy by AWETeam members.
So I'm going to quick show off some of my work that is over in my MarshaNealStudio Etsy Shop, something I should have done back in December. Some work is new, some is from December.
Marsha Neal Studio Line Curls Crescent Earrings
Marsha Neal Studio Porcelain Clay with Patina Glaze Disc Bead
Marsha Neal Studio Chocolate Clay Crescent Spiral Textured Beads
And realizing that my OOAK random 2mm silk strand color palettes were down to a couple,
I spend an afternoon relaxing with the kids watching some movies, and pulled a bunch of new palettes and then listed them in my Etsy shop.
This is one of those things that happens 2, maybe 3 times a year.
So grab some while they are fresh!
Marsha Neal Studio offers 2mm Hand Painted Silk Cords
Marsha Neal Studio offers 2mm Hand Painted Silk Cords
Marsha Neal Studio offers 2mm Hand Painted Silk Cords
Marsha Neal Studio offers 2mm Hand Painted Silk Cords
Which now makes me think. Darn. I just reshot a bunch of the ones I keep in stock and have multiples of. Do I need to re-shoot them too? Eh. Not right now...
Marsha Neal Studio offers three kinds of silk cords/ribbons (2mm, Fairy, Silky Silks)
Also, I just purchased a self paced improve your photography class:
Photographing Fine Art & Craft by Brit Hammer
Which I found through an email I received from Susan Lomuto of  Daily Art Muse

So far, I read up through page 41 and I am digesting it all.
Letting my mind get around some of the basic concepts she puts forth and letting my mind settle in and relax a bit to be able to enjoy photographing my work instead of getting overwhelmed with it.
(I'm not to lighting yet - and that is the part that always frustrates the heck out of me - so we'll see...)

The new terrarium pieces are still being glazed and preparations are underway for them being photographed with this new state of photographing my work in place...

And don't you know... I got a summons from the State of DE for Jury Duty on Jan. 8 (figures!) so their arrival into the public realm will definitely be more mid-month than early.

Happy First Friday!
Hope you are out there seeing some amazing art (or if online, checking out some of the awesome work that is out there!)

2 comments:

  1. I will be watching to see your photos I haven't mastered lighting either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hеllo there! Wοulԁ уou mind іf
    ӏ shаrе yοur blog with my myspace grοup?

    Τhere's a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Many thanks

    My weblog :: Automatic Temperature Control For Big Green Egg Review
    My web-site candling chicken eggs

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think…