Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Getting Back To It: Sometime...

Somehow I have not been able to get back into the swing of things too fast now that we are home from a week at the beach in North Carolina (Ocean Isle Beach - very nice!!!).

Orders are getting organized into Quickbooks, pieces being pulled, silks being pulled, pieces getting made and glazed, kilns to be fired... But it is taking me so long to do everything!
I would like to still be at the beach, getting up early and taking walks with Riley (and Chloe if she were a morning person... but she likes her sleep too much, like her dad).

But then who wouldn't... I'm happy to say that the beach vacation was an actual vacation. Dave and I are both parentally exhausted as normal, but our work and worries went away for just a little while...

So I think tomorrow will be my actual big studio day. For the making and glazing of the pieces anyway. I have some special request pieces from before I left that are glazed, but not fired - so a few more pieces for new orders can get glazed then they can all go into the kiln together - maybe even tomorrow night if I'm really good at it!

I don't even want to tell you what a mess my garden is - SO many weeds grew in just a week. Time to call in the neighborhood kids (they seem to want to hang out and help weed the garden and play with Chloe and Riley)... I think we might be the "cool house" - at least just a little...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, but this does bring memories of adjusting my schedule to the weee ones in my family. You know, you are doing the most important thing right now. Those wee ones grow up so fast. I love that shadow photo of you (and Riley?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is Riley and me on the beach - I got a few shots like this one... But seeing his little hat shadow and that I actually have legs was a bonus for this picture.

    He was so calm, just looking around at the ocean, the people taking their early morning walks, and watching any birds that were flying about... And he would rest his little head on my shoulder and nuzzle into my neck. I absolutely soak in those moments and put them somewhere deep inside to keep forever.

    I realize now that Chloe is getting to the point of independence at only 2 and a half years old, and that before I know it, Riley will be there too. So it puts even more emphasis on soaking in the good baby cuddling times...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think…