Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Chocolate Clay Glaze Tests

I have been quite the glazing fiend in the last couple of days...

This first picture is a grouping of glazes I plan on using with the chocolate clay...

This next picture is a grouping of potential glazes for the future...

And there are some that didn't make the cut, they are just hard to see with the dark clay body, so why bother using them and just wasting the glaze...

So at the end of the day today, here is a try full of pieces that are going into the kiln for a glaze firing. Loading this amount of work will probably take a good 3 hours (and hopefully just one kiln load).

I got about 1/2 the kiln loaded before running out the door to get Chloe from school. The rest will get loaded tomorrow morning after she goes to school.

Then I get to pull the porcelain shards to get them glazed for Bead Fest.

I can't wait to see how this kiln load comes out!
Will keep you all posted...

2 comments:

  1. I love the glazes on the chocolate clay. It is such a hard background to work with. But these are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chocolate clay pieces with glaze look delicious Marsha. Three hours to load a kiln is just a small part of our labor intensive craft, but well worth it in the end.I can't wait to see the shards with glaze. Thank you so much for sharing these photos of your ceramic process.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think…