Monday, January 10, 2011

January Second Saturday State Of Your Studio...

So I'm a bit late on the state of your studio post for the monthly Beads-of-Clay Blog post…
My creative studio space has been all over the place.

I am taking a Drawing class this year (Drawing Lab 2011).
I was not "allowed" to take "art" classes in High School, and was not allowed to take any "foundations" art classes during college because they were "reserved for the art concentration students". Bummer...
So this is something for me. And so far I really like it and it has inspired me to draw on a regular basis as well as to put images into the computer and fiddle with my wacom tablet that I've had for almost 2 years now…
Really I haven't been in my clay studio since sometime in November…
And I want to, but not so bad that I "have" to get in there right now. Soon, but just not right now…
And this area of new shelving and a place to photograph work - well,  after all that crazy jewelry making for the home shows in Dec - all that stuff got packed up and brought back down here and shoved into anywhere there was space. Yes - I NEED that jewelry making area in the back of the studio done ASAP so I can avoid this piling and stacking thing I keep doing - Ugh!
And I've been on the computer a lot. Fiddling with my photographs, Zentangles, and drawings trying to see how to layer them on my clay pieces. It's fun actually having my computer and printer right there next to the studio so I can go back and forth with my notes and resize things and reprint, then go into the studio and use the decals. What gratification!!! Doesn't happen enough, but potential is there!
And here are some of the decal pieces in progress on some glazed pieces that I had sitting around. One of my tangle drawings (I did that on the computer today using the Wacom tablet - yay me!) is to the left and my drawing lab cat is on the tube beads and to the right. I have more on pendants as well…

Thanks for stopping by to see the state of my studio.
Hope to have some new work done soon, and a more organized space next time… 

Make sure to swing by the Beads-of-Clay Blog to see the state of other artists creative spaces (you can add your own link too! Doesn't have to be a clay studio…)
And if you do, grab that BOC button and add it to your blog with a link back to the BOC blog…

Hope you are finding your creative self (even amongst total mess and chaos)!

3 comments:

  1. Love your drawing decals. Especially the cat on the tube beads. Great idea. I see many more coming and look forward to it. Thanks again for the great linking banner for these posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful artwork - I love the detailed designs. Always amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Zentangles on your clay! I've been rearranging my studio for a month now..It does get away from you over the holiday!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think…