Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sketchbook Tangle...

I was working on some smaller 4" square Zentangles (paper from my Christmas Zentangle kit gift) and broke out my sketchbook and worked on a larger scale "sketch tangle"...



I was in the mood to scratch draw, scribble in the details... Not a time for me to break out the obsessive shader in me (although I do want to go back in and pencil shade this one a bit).

Then I went in and filled in a bit more detail & darker areas over the last 2 days. Then tonight added a bit around the edges along with the swirls in the margins...

Here is the before string:



I feel excited to be drawing again!
Now to work it into my clay... Yippee!!!

-- Pictures Taken With & Posted From My iPhone

5 comments:

  1. The upper right corner is speaking to me today. I am in a swirly, twirly mood ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your zentangle design is really cool. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coolaroo! This approach is liberating isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. You make me want to Tangle with you! I am really enjoying where you are taking these drawings and think that you will be doing some great clay versions of these, Marsha!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you guys! I am so addicted to it… Some days it is all about the feel of the pen on paper to me. I want to focus a bit more on the design, but just don't have the ideas quite there yet. Erin - you should tangle for sure. Like LeAnne says - just let your mind go and the pen will follow… You'll love it (you're amazing with your drawing skills!)...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think…