Monday, February 16, 2009

Buridan's Ass

Today my sister April and I were sitting and talking while Chloe was napping and we happened across a book on Philosophical Ideas that you should be familiar with. And Buridan's Ass was one of the ideas that struck a note within me . It describes exactly where I am right now (except that I'm not going to starve...). I have a lot of stuff to do, but can't decide where to start, so nothing is getting done.

Then I think. I am at a crossroads in my life. Being a mom has taken priority for me over making my porcelain pendants. Tucson made me realize this. I love being with my beady friends, but missing out on time with Dave and Chloe made me come to the conclusion that I only have so much time to be a mom. And right now - that is where my heart is.

Don't get me wrong... I still want to make stuff - but I want to take my work past just the technical side of working with clay. I want to combine my passion for working with plants, observing wildlife, and watching Chloe grow and discover into my work. Now I have to discover how to make that happen...

2 comments:

  1. Just do what makes you happy..and the rest will just fall into place!
    Dont force anything and Don't think you cannot change your plans according to your heart --

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think…