Thursday, April 9, 2009

Taking Time to Become Small Again

I have been in dire need to find my inspiration.
I'm usually pretty easy to entertain - I like a lot of things...

Today is officially the first warm day of spring that I have encountered.
Thank you sunshine and longer days for helping the garden start to emerge.

My friend Kim introduced me to blood root a few years ago.
It is so wonderful to see so early in it's growth.

The way the leaf hugs the emerging bloom is so expressive and warm feeling...


When I was a wee little girl I always thought there were small people around in just about every nook and cranny.

I would go into the garden and imagine that I was about 3" tall and would wander around in there within my head - and of course I could jump very high and fly if needed.

So to find my inspiration today,
I have taken a breath and jumped in again - just for a visit...
This is what I saw...





And something from my childhood...
From my Grandma Neal's old farm:
This old wooden thing...

I am not quite sure what is is used for.
My sister April thinks it was used with the horse saddles or bridles possibly.
We used to climb all over it and jump off of it.
I like the way it looks in my garden now,
and can't wait to see it within the garden as it comes into bloom...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think…