Saturday, August 21, 2010

BeadFest Today...

I really wanted to get to Beadfest by lunchtime... But I wasn't…


By the time I got there around 3pm, Chloe was napping in the car (got a good hour nap in on the drive).

I didn't get very far at all in the show (I talk way too much!). Must be that I don't get out of the house much thing… So I am planning on going back on Sunday (by myself) and actually taking out the Digital Nikon SLR and getting some decent photographs…

Here are some beads that Chloe and I picked out from our good friends booth: Artful Beads Studio and Workshop
She went right for the purple beads - and they were all shiny beads - so right up her alley!


Chloe received a stuffed (very cute) pig from Kelly of Beadfuddled. It was love at first squeeze… She had it with her the whole rest of the show, the ride home, then was giving "little piggy" piggy-back rides around the house! She is now asleep with her new little love… Thanks Kelly! As always - your gifts are huge hits (Riley was sleeping and did not get his yet - but will get some pics of that for you & will show you on Sunday at the show)…

I have some other pics to show you all that pertain to those new decal pieces I fired last week for BeadFest & Etsy that I would like some feedback on. But I'm wiped and ready for bed. Lots of stuff planned for tomorrow "at home". Got to get an early start…

Ok, real quick: the above picture of three sizes for the Keyhole Oval pendants was taken with the Digital Nikon SLR with the standard lens (another reason why I was late to BeadFest - photographing stuff I was dropping off). I think I may need a better lens for getting pics like this. Need to work on lighting (a tent over it maybe?), focus, background? I like the stone and moss, but it it too distracting or is it ok because the pendant is so "sepia & white"? I am thinking of using these for my Etsy shop...

Have fun shopping at BeadFest if you are there. D7Studio, Booth #408 has my pieces… Stop by and take a peek. Darlene has a ton of other really cool stuff & Kelly Russell of Beadfuddled is there too!

FREE ADMISSION PASS TO BEADFEST PHILLY (CLICK ON THIS).

-- Pictures Taken With & Posted From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think…