Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Beads-of-Clay Bloggers Open Studio Event Pictures

Bloggers Fall Open Studio Event
On Sunday, October 25, 2009
1-4pm EST

Keep checking out the Beads-of-Clay Blog for a list of participating artists (deadline for signing up is Wednesday, Oct. 14) and a schedule of events for the Open Studio...

I spent some time this evening trying to figure out how to put some images together for this event to make it stand out a bit...
And so some of the participating artists can easily create their own to help promote the event on their blogs...

Here is one "mosaic" version...
Which I discovered how to do it by coming across a post on one of my garden blog links:
This particular link is to her tutorial on how to make a photo mosaic - and it's WONDERFUL!!!

I took 2 recent pictures of my new glaze fall glaze colored pieces, then used one of my photograph images of something "fall-ish"...

I quick created this info block, and with those 4 images, created the mosaic...

Before figuring out the mosaic technique, I used my fall photo to add this block of orange and black type to make a small floating ad for the side of my blog...

If you are a participating Beads-of-Clay Blog, Fall Open Studio Artist, you are welcome to use these pictures to help promote the event on your blog. And please, add pictures of your own beads! Hopefully this will help you save some time and get you excited about the event...

I welcome comments about the photos and mosaics if you care to leave some input for me...
I am by no means a professional at this kind of thing and am just giving it a try...
Thanks!

HERE IS THE UPDATED LIST OF PARTICIPATING ARTISTS IN THIS EVENT AS OF 10/15/09:

5 comments:

  1. These look great Marsha. Thanks so much for the how to do it link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great and thank you for taking the time to figure out how to do this and share it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Marsha, I'll definitely borrow your graphics for the open house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know if anyone needs help with the graphics or making a text box...

    Can't wait to see everyone online on the 25th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the photo mosaic... and my curiosity is totally piqued about this open house...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think…