Monday, October 12, 2009

Round Belly...

I've been offline for over a bit of a week really...
Due to a family visit (my dad and step-mom up from FL) which was quite long overdue...

So for those of you wondering how my round belly is coming along,
I thought I'd post a quick picture that I just took from my photobooth on my Mac:

Here is my round baby belly:


It's funny how once your belly starts to stick out farther than your boobs,
You actually feel like you are looking pregnant, and not just fat...

And so far, this second pregnancy of mine has been so much harder on me than my first with Chloe...

I thought that it was because it's a 2nd pregnancy and that my muscles are different than they were before, and that maybe I've been having such breathing issues because I'm only 5' 1" and everything in there is really pushing up on my lungs (out of breath going up or down a flight of stairs... forget going up 2 flights without taking a break to seriously catch my breath).

It's got me a little freaked out thinking about all this Swine Flu crap and that it's being reported how women in their third trimester are more prone to getting pneumonia and dying (due to compressed lungs because baby is taking up so much room). But really - is it any different with Swine Flu vs the regular Flu. I don't think so... Well, I hope not anyway... I'm just trying to keep my sinuses clear and keep healthy really... I am planning looking into the regular Flu Vaccine and possibly a Pneumonia vaccine before considering the H1N1 Vaccine.

Anyway... Sorry to vent about some things that have been on my brain recently...
Back to what I started to say...

Well, Riley (baby #2) finally gave me a bit of a break in the last couple of days. He must've flipped or rotated into a new position that makes me feel SO much better! I can now feel his swimming antics on both sides of my belly and from top to bottom of my growing belly - not just all on my right side. THANK GOD!!!

Let's just hope that he stays where he is for the next three months, just wiggling around and growing... No more flips in there little boy, or mommy is going to put you in a time out (or just deprive him of the little treats of chocolate he's been getting via mommy)! Not sure yet...

Hope all is well with you all!
Thanks for stopping by...

4 comments:

  1. I think there is nothing more beautiful in the world than a baby belly. Except maybe for the baby. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love the gratuitous belly shots. Really wish I had taken more when I was pregnant because I'll probably never get the chance again.

    I'm glad Riley moved around to help make you more comfortable. Nice to be able to breathe easier and not get one side beat up constantly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute. Would be cuter only if your smiling face were in the pix. Does Riley still like Indian food? (Nudge nudge, wink, wink...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I must admit that since Riley moved positions, I am becoming quite a fan of the belly instead of miserable pregnant woman... Which is seriously a relief - I thought I was going to have one of those absolutely miserable pregnancies...

    And why Yes Jenny, Riley does quite enjoy Indian Food... Would LOVE to meet up soon for lunch. Will email you about potential "good days" (soon?!).

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think…