Friday, October 8, 2010

Self Portrait Friday




Right now I am traveling Marsha, in mom mode. I am out of state with Riley visiting with my dad's family in Florida.


It is funny how there are so many modes of preparation for traveling with a little one that is ready to move, but can't quite get around without getting into "trouble"...


In the world of "what kind of parent are you" I am definitely in hover mode at this point. Not overly, but absolutely always with a watchful eye that finds possible interesting targets, and analyzes the safety. It can be exhausting...


But then, there are the naps. A little more frequent because we are in a new environment with lots of new noises, smells, and sights to be unsure of. So sleeping here with me has been the easiest way to get him to sleep (and gives me a reason to nap too). He naps for a bit on his own, but hears a noise and is up crying - So...


There are lots of extra hands to hold and cuddle with - and four extra furry lookouts that are great entertainers too...

Having a little one around really puts immediate priorities (his) up front. I just do what I can and enjoy every moment of it...

So there you have it - me as traveling mom this week (hopefully able to slow down enough to get some pictures), and back to studio self next week...

- Pictures Taken With & Posted From My iPhone

2 comments:

  1. enjoy your time, what a precious little one Riley is ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet pictures napping with your little one...pictures one doesn't often capture. My little one will be two in a few days and I miss baby days like these already!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think…