Monday, August 1, 2011

New Silk Color Palettes Inspired By Nature

Nature through the lens of my iPhone Hipstamatic app inspires my color palettes…
The different combinations of "lenses and film"can give you rich colors that vary from the exact spectrum as we see it with our naked human eye.
Marsha Neal Studio iPhone Hipstamatic Image.

Marsha Neal Studio iPhone Hipstamatic Image.

Marsha Neal Studio iPhone Hipstamatic Image.

Marsha Neal Studio iPhone Hipstamatic Image.

Marsha Neal Studio iPhone Hipstamatic Image.

Marsha Neal Studio iPhone Hipstamatic Image.

Marsha Neal Studio iPhone Hipstamatic Image.
Looking at these photos - is it any wonder that I have a lot of blue-green-purple palette variations?

I'll take these photos with my iPhone Hipstamatic app.
Then the photos get opened in the ColorSchemer app.
From my photo I can pick out all kinds of color palettes and save them to my file.
This is what a screen shot of my iPhone looks like from a bunch of the above photos:

From this point, I can go down to my studio and pull out a bunch of silks that I think go with these palettes.
Colors are not always an exact match, but I like to pull the silks and see what works...
I prefer to see color palettes by using a bit of a the squinting blurry eye technique anyway, so I am ok with working from photos that are not quite perfectly in focus.

And here is a sampling of the new color palettes that are starting to show up in my Etsy Shop:

You can buy these silks from me through my Etsy shop.
Pricing is per strand:
2mm Silk Strands Retail at $3 ea.
4 for $10 ($2.50 each)
*10 for $20 ($2 each)
30 for $54 ($1.80 each)
50 for $85 ($1.70 each)
100 for $160 ($1.60 each)



The Silks as "Knot Bundles" sell as
10 individual 2mm silks in a bundle for $20


I've got a few bundles that only have 5 silks in them for $12.50 each.
This way you can get a sampling without dropping a fast $20.


However, if you want to mix and match a bunch of knots, I will price them out for you according to the price list above for the total quantity your are purchasing.


You can do this easily too by just figuring out your silk quantity total, then selecting one of the "pick your own color palette" listings with the correct total number of silks, then just list the ones you want (including individual colors, OOAK palettes in the shop, named color palettes, etc).


Like always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
I'll get back to you as soon as possible…


Wholesale inquiries must be willing to meet 100 silk minimum for each purchase consisting of at least 5 of any one particular color and silk type. 
Must have a valid business license.
Email me if you are interested & I'll send you a pdf of the details:
Marsha {at} MarshaNealStudio.com
*remove spacing and brackets in my email address*

4 comments:

  1. I love your silks... and your keen eye for the mixes you provide! I love these Hipstamatic pictures and the palettes that it inspires!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsha, this is a wonderful read and your pictures are a feast for the eyes! Thanks for sharing!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm drooling over your color palette, Marsha!!! Gorgeous!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think…