Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Etched Beads and Backwards Hop Scotch...

In between meetings in the last couple of days,
I've been going on a bit of an etching binge...
I'm loving these rich colors and the satin matte finish...
This piece above on my fingertips has been etched.
So rich in tones...
And here it is at 9 o'clock in the above photo before etching...
I'll have more pics of the other pieces above as they were all etched together.
These porcelain paper clay pieces that my friend Kelly Russell (Beadfuddled) created for me for test tiles a few years back - they got etched too...
See them in March 2011: click here.

And now for a little story about Backwards Hop Scotch.
In my family, there is a bit of a running joke about "Marsha-isms"...
Young Marsha overheard a gossip story about people going to see "shrinks":
"Mom, How little are they???"

Well, my daughter has gotten it honestly from me.

The other day I picked her up from school.
She decided to jump on the Hop Scotch rug, jumping on each number in order:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
She got to the top and did a funny 4 year old happy dance.
Her little brother egged her on "Yay Chloe!!!"
I asked - Chloe, now that you are at the top, can you do it backwards?
Sure Mom!!! I can do it backwards!
Insert more 4 year old squeals & giggles...
I continue: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... in my funny fast voice encouraging her on...

So at first I think she completely ignored me,
which she somewhat did...
But really she just didn't hear me with all the giggles & squeals going on from both of them...
So she went back to the start - and did this:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10...
And she did it turned backwards!
What a great kid!
She cracks me UP...

4 comments:

  1. Ahahaha! That is so very clever! Smart girl, Miss Chloe! And I love the shots of your experiments in etching Miss Marsha!
    Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I make copper jewerly too... I like your jobs and i follow you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I love that! Your daughter is wonderful :) And I adore your etched pieces, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work. I love all the intricate detail. The work is very impressive and amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think…